About Tmi Project: Since 2010, TMI Project has led more than 100 true storytelling workshops and staged live storytelling performances by nearly 2,000 storytellers, which have been presented to audiences of nearly 200,000 people in schools, colleges, prisons, mental health clinics, theaters, community centers, the United Nations and online. https://www.tmiproject.org/
Our cofounder Tahyira Savanna has been chosen to tell her abortion story on January 22nd, 2022, the 49th anniversary of Roe vs Wade. A link to host a screening and presentation is available here: https://www.tmiproject.org/storiesforchoice/
This podcast was created through our For Us Nation organization which aims to uplift our movements and bring access to our communities regarding Education, ownership, business opportunities, and more. http://www.forusnation.org
We chatted with Raine, Dara, and Hayley for this special conversation.
1. Your nonprofit expresses the stories of many different groups and populations. Which of the groups do you feel is the most misunderstood?
2. Why is storytelling so important?
3. How can people reach out to you to tell their stories?
4. Do you think everyone has a voice? Isn’t social media a sign that too many opinions can be a bad thing?
5. How old were you when you wrote your very first story? What triggered you to create those characters?
6. Too Much Information, the anchor to TMI Project’s mission, still makes for pretty great stories. What’s the wildest story (not Covid related directly but can be – be mindful of our audience) that you heard in the last 12 months?