Meeting Your Representative Tips and Talking Points
Thank you for committing to visit your member of Congress to demand they support Donald Trump’s immediate impeachment. Visiting an elected official in person — whether at their district office or by showing up to a town hall — is by far one of the most effective ways to pressure them to do the right thing.
A few things to keep in mind before your visit:
– Most congressional district offices are open to the public and it’s fine to stop by and speak with the person at the front desk or another available staff member.
– When you arrive, ask if your representative is available. If not, ask if there is a staffer who you can speak with, preferably someone involved in legislative affairs.
– Speak politely but confidently — remember, your member is here to serve you!
– Ask if your lawmaker supports drafting articles of impeachment and voting to impeach Donald Trump.
– If they are supportive, thank them! Encourage them to continue to speak out publicly, push for swift impeachment proceedings, and make sure they know you stand behind them.
– If they are not supportive, ask them to reconsider, since the majority of voters, like you, want to see Trump held accountable — then, use the talking points below.
– If you are on social media, take a selfie outside of your lawmaker’s office and share! Use the hashtag #ImpeachNow to encourage your friends to visit as well!
Here are some talking points to bring with you:
– No one is above the law, not even the president. As an elected representative, members of Congress need to uphold their oath to protect and defend the Constitution.
– Trump admitted he abused his office by pressuring a foreign government — Ukraine — to interfere in the upcoming 2020 election. This is an egregious breach of national security for political and personal gain.
– White House officials tried to bury the evidence of Trump’s wrongdoing by placing records of his call with the Ukrainian president in a separate, secret system designed for sensitive national security materials. They also tried to withhold the whistleblower’s complaint alerting Congress to Trump’s abuse of power.
– That’s not the only impeachable offense Trump has committed. He has used his office to steer millions of taxpayer and foreign government dollars to prop up his failing businesses. He’s spent nearly 300 days of his presidency at his own golf courses and other properties, charging the federal government for expenses related to his stays. He has consistently encouraged foreign and wealthy influence-seekers to stay at his properties as well.
– At least 22 foreign powers — including Saudi Arabia, China, and Ukraine — have spent money at Trump-owned properties to curry favor with the administration. Unlike past presidents, Trump refuses to divest from his businesses, so those foreign dollars land in his bank account.
– Before the Ukrainian scandal, the Mueller report revealed that Trump welcomed an attack on our democracy from a hostile foreign power in order to win the 2016 election, and then obstructed justice at least 10 times to cover it up.
– The Mueller investigation resulted in 37 indictments and at least seven convictions or guilty pleas, including Trump’s national security advisor, personal lawyer, and campaign chairman.
– If any other American perpetrated these abuses of power, engaged in this level of corruption, or obstructed justice so blatantly, they’d be heading to jail.
– No more excuses. No more delays. We need Congress to swiftly draft articles of impeachment and vote to impeach Donald Trump.
We attended the Women’s March in NYC and we got a real feel for what New Yorkers think of Donald Trump and the Impeachment Trial.
We are heading out tonight for #NoCoverUp a rally and protest to urge the Senate GOP members to call for witnesses. Our President thinks this is occupied France, and what are you doing about it?
TREMG BLOG! – COVERING ENTERTAINMENT NEWS WITH A PURPOSE AS WELL AS EMPOWERMENT STORIES OF EVERYDAY PEOPLE. #tremg
MORE ABOUT OUR BRAND:
We Are Dedicated To The Underground Community of Talent….
The RedEyeMediaGroup strives to reach the underground community as it pertains to marketing, public relations, event planning, and talent management. They also believe that it is important to give back and all of their work involves heavily into contributing to not for profit causes. They believe that with the proper tools talent at any level can reach their full potential.
CONTACT THEREDEYEMEDIAGRP@GMAIL.COM OR FIND US SOCIALLY FOR MORE INFO