On her Facebook page, Dr. Stella Immanuel’s refers to herself as “Physician, Author, Speaker, Entrepreneur, Deliverance Minister, God’s battle axe and weapon of war.” Online, however, she’s gaining a reputation as a modern quack doctor.
Here are some of the public stances she’s taken:
- Alien DNA is being used in medical treatments.
- Scientists are developing a vaccine that prevents people from being religious.
- There is a generational curse transmitted through the placenta that can be healed via prayer.
- Media such as Harry Potter is part of a conspiratorial scheme meant to introduce children to witchcraft.
- Magic 8-balls are not only truthful and psychic, but are also part of a plot to introduce children to witchcraft.
- Most of the government is run by aliens and reptilians who plan to put microchips in our heads.
- Medical problems like cysts and infertility are caused by having sex with “spirit husbands” and “spirit wives.”
“We call them all kinds of names—endometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts, but most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband.”Dr. Stella Immanuel
Pretty weird, right? Well, you’ll be disappointed to hear that Dr. Immanuel is one of Trump’s favorite COVID-19 doctors. He even retweeted videos from her where she advocates for the use of Hydroxychloroquine and states that masks are useless. Most of these videos, including the one retweeted by the president, have since been taken down, but a few remain:
Because of these stances, Dr. Immanuel is gaining a lot of traction among the Religious Right. In fact, Immanuel is also a preacher and once wrote a book entitled “10 Point Plan To Disciple America Back To God” in which she claimed that America was being overrun by a Satanic cult and that a series of pointed prayers could help save the nation.
Despite her odd claims, the American people should be ready to hear more from her. On July 27th, she tweeted an invitation to meet with President Trump.
Mr President I’m in town and available. I will love to meet with you.— Stella Immanuel MD (@stella_immanuel) July 28, 2020
Ever since her core beliefs were exposed, the American government deleted all evidence of interacting with her. But is she really out of the picture? Something tells me that her voice will only get louder as the pandemic continues.