Posted by Tolanda Monique on September 15, 2020
As a woman dealing with natural hair since grade school at the age of 13, there were a lot of products that I went through to attempt to make my hair grow beautiful in its natural state. Natural hair comes in different curl patterns, length, and texture, such as 3c or 4a. Here are six of the black hair companies that you can order in stores or online.
- Unilever’s launch date the Shea Moisture brand in 1991. The black brand is a plant-based and chemical-free line found in Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, and online at sheammoisture.com. Shea Moisture products include hair protein, masks, gels, shampoo, and conditioner with coconut oils, hemp seed, avocado, and activated charcoal.
- CURLS, created by CEO Mahisha Dellinger, started in 2002. The organic hairline accommodates to every curl pattern from babies to young girls and adults. The products such as a mouse, styling, rinse, shampoo, and conditioner with Green Vegan and Cashmier Caviar can be found online at Curls.biz and in the stores of CVS Rite Aid, Target, Walmart, and Sally’s Beauty Supply.
- Mielle Organics, founded by Monique Rodriguez in 2014, have all-natural products like their best sellers rice water, oils, and moisturizers to replenish and strengthen the hair. They are available online at mielleorganics.com.
- From actress, author, to beauty brand creator, TPH by Taraji P. Henson launched the top of the year on January 29, 2020. The Empire star started her natural journey in June 2017 after damaging her hair from heat. Taraji announced the hairline on her Instagram account, and the colorful line arranges from detangling, scalp cleansing, and smoothing products. TPH is in more than 300 Target stores at affordable pricing.
- The “Blackish” hair brand, Pattern, by Tracee Ellis Ross, announced the hairline on her Instagram account on September 4, 2019. The actress and now beauty mogul displays her gorgeous natural hair in various styles. Her hairline consists of different sizes of gels, serums, and conditioners that defines the hair. Tracee Ellis Ross also has a brush that helps the products even out correctly in the tresses. The pattern products can be purchase online at patternbeauty.com and Ulta beauty supply stores.
- Judy Springer as known as “the real big booty Judy,” started Kaleidoscope on August 7, 2018. The hair creator promoted her drops on her Instagram account with other celebrities. Judy Kaleidoscope Miracle Drops are made up of essential oils for edges and scalp to help hair growth. The products are online at iluvcolors.com and Sally Beauty Supply, Walmart, and Walgreens.
Now that there is a list of some of the black beauty brand creators for the natural black hair with no chemicals that can cause allergic reactions to try these products if you haven’t already. The hair lines could be perfect for a wash and go, twist outs, or protective styling such as box braids. Either way, head to the local beauty supply stores or shop online and support the culture.
I had a passion for writing since age twelve. I write poetry, and movies. I am currently in school getting my Master’s degree in English and Creative Writing. I obtained my Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communications. Hopefully to be a successful screen writer and author one day. I have plenty of books already unpublished and one poetry book published on amazon, “The Way I Express.”