COVID-19 is a novel 2019 coronavirus. It is a lipid virus. Scientists have named this virus as corona due to the “crowns” of proteins around a lipid structure. Coronavirus disease originated from China, which has been spread all around the world as a serious pandemic. Because of the lipid structure, corona can be destroyed by heat, detergents and reagents like ether, ethanol, chlorine disinfectant, etc. The decisive diagnosis of COVID-19 will be detected by PCR test of viral nucleic acid. There are different theories about the first sources of global corona disease. Several references believe that novel coronavirus originates from bat. Rapid transmission of coronavirus takes place through person-person contact.
WHO suggests the following safety guidelines:
- Stay at home during quarantine days.
- Wash your hands with soap. It should last 20 seconds at least. In public places, you can use disinfectant or ethanol to clean your hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve when you sneeze and cough.
- Use gloves and mask when you are outside the home and do not touch your face with your hands.
- Dispose of your gloves and mask in the garbage after getting home and wash your hands immediately.